Published on December 30th, 2014 | by Chef's Corner0
Congrats to our December Winner!
Congratulations to Michele Masiello, and her recipe for Stuffed Mushrooms! It’s simple and delicious, and always a party favorite!
Enter your recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org and you can win a $200 Restaurant.com gift card and featured post on The Reader’s Edge and Facebook!
Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe:
White Button Mushrooms (about 20)
Parsley, chopped coarsely
Garlic, cut into slivers
Italian flavored breadcrumbs
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Small can of plain tomato sauce
1. Clean and remove stems from mushrooms.
2. Place mushrooms in baking pan with 2 inch sides.
3. Sprinkle a bit of salt in each cap.
4. Add a sliver or two of garlic (depending on how thick they are)
5. Add some parsley
6. Mix equal amounts of breadcrumbs and cheese; then fill mushroom caps to the top; press down to fill, then round it at the top.
7. Put a drop of olive oil on top of the rounded breadcrumbs.
8. Spoon some tomato sauce on top.
9. Pour some water into the pan, about half way to the top of the mushrooms.
10. Bake in the oven at 350° for 15-20 minutes, basting every 5 minutes.
11. Remove from oven, and carefully place on a serving platter and enjoy!
About our Chef of the Month:
Michele is an adult educator who loves to cook, playing the piano, reading books and Bernese Mountain dogs!
Don’t forget to enter you recipe for our January edition of Chef’s Corner, all recipe submissions are due by January 31st!