Published on August 6th, 2015 | by Chef's Corner0
Cheers to our July Winner!
Congratulations Christina Gingerich! Your Red, White, and Blue Delight was just what our taste-buds needed!
Want to see your recipe here? Submit us your best dish no later than August 31st and you could win a $200 Restaurant.com gift card and featured post on The Reader’s Edge. Send in your recipe to email@example.com.
1 small package of raspberry or strawberry gelatin
1 small package of blueberry gelatin
1 package of unflavored gelatin
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of half and half
1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
1 can of blueberries
1. Dissolve raspberry or strawberry gelatin in 2 cups hot water, pour into a 9×13-inch pan, chill until firm.
2. Soften unflavored gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water.
3. Place sugar along with half and half, in saucepan; bring to boiling point. Do not continue to boil.
4. Remove from heat; add softened cream cheese. Beat at low speed until smooth. Let cool. Pour over firm raspberry jello; chill until firm.
5. Dissolve blueberry gelatin in 1 cup hot water; add blueberries and juice. Let cool. Pour over cheese layer; chill until firm.
6. Remove blueberries from freezer, cover with water and let them set until needed
Substitutions from our Chef:
*I sometimes use just whole milk instead of the half and half.
*I also use 1 pint of frozen blueberries covered with water in stead of canned.
About our Chef:
Christina Gingerich is married and lives in Spooner, WI. She has 6 children, and 17 grandchildren. She raised her six children on a dairy farm, but after her children got married or moved away for work they sold their milk cows and instead raised cattle for beef. Christina found this recipe in a cookbook given to her by her husband from when they were married in 1977, and its still a family favorite.
Don’t forget to send in your best recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org!